2012年5月7日 星期一

difference between present perfect and present perfect continuous

From now on, I decide to write some article in English, because I want to sharp my writing skill in English. Therefore, I need to find out some topic worth to be record. I realize that English grammar is
always difficult to me. I usually use wrong tense and can not express my meaning exactly. To this end, I would like to noted down some of knowledge.

There is a pretty awesome website called stackexchange. Today I read a question that also harasses me.
That is : "what's the difference between present perfect and present perfect continuous"  In someone's briefly explanation, I know that present perfect continuous form is used to talk about event happened in recent past, but this event have not been finished. Moreover, this form often is found with "for" and "since".

There are some examples.

I’ve done my homework' (it’s finished) / 'I’ve been doing my homework' (it’s not finished)
‘I’ve drunk my coffee' (it’s all gone) / ‘I’ve been drinking my coffee’ (there’s some left)
‘It’s rained every day since the weekend’ (repeated rain) / ‘It’s been raining all day’ (continuous rain)

0 意見:

張貼留言